Sculptober 2020 - Day 1-4

 

So I've started being more productive as an artist. I'll be posting my updates each day for Sculptober 2020.

 

I wasn't sure where to begin so I went with the most basic idea, figuring I'd build from there.





Curse was a lot more open ended so I went with a more magical theme. I remember a similar monster in a mobile game I used to play.





  I wasn't ready to get too detailed too soon, I figured prop design was a nice way to be consistant with the designs and themes for this month. Poison ended up being a smoke grenade.




  Pre-Historic was today's challenge. I wanted to avoid dinosaurs at all costs, but that was an epic fail. I did manage to stay away from the traditional animals and make the final design more stylized. Also, my design process has changed. I swore I didn't see the point in ZModeler. I always figured I'd just model in another software or remesh. Ever since cloth dynamics were added I've learned to do more editing in ZBrush, but I still feel more comfortable with overall modelling in another software. In the end my skills are improving, so tomorrow will be the next challenge with the theme 'BLOOM'.



Comments

Popular Posts